COVID-19

Update: March 16th, 2020 @ 1600

We currently have no real updates on timeline of rescheduling Edurus Trail Runs. We are looking at all possibilities including an early Sunday morning race this summer. 

However, we are even more sure that it was the right step to postpone the event. Yesterday the CDC recommend no gatherings of 50 people or more. Then today the KY Governor as requested that all restaurants go to drive-through or carry out service ONLY. Our local Judge Executive Steve Kelley also declared a State of Emergency for Pulaski County until April 16th.

We will update this page as more information is available to us.

Update: March 14th, 2020 @ 21:57

Edurus Postponement


During this time we hope to be making clear and regular communications with you regarding the status of the race postponement. We consider you very important and we were greatly looking forward to hosting you next weekend. However, this is the card we have been dealt. As of this time we are looking at several dates and the race will take place this year pending that the COVID-19 emergency does not prevent it in the long term.

Late yesterday it became clear that it may be in the best interest of all to postpone this years race. Please understand that this decision was not made lightly. This is the second year in a row we have had to postpone for some reason, last year was the result of flooding.

Three Quick Things
  1. We worked most of the night and today trying to figure out what our new date was but ultimately do not have an answer on a new date at this time. I had hoped by the writing of this we would have a new date set but our contact with the venue is currently unavailable this weekend.
  2. We have set place holder dates on RSU and Facebook. Please ignore those at this time as they are simply place holders so that we don't lose Facebook event pages and current registrations can transferred with ease. You will be the first group to know the new date.
  3. We will be providing several options as a result of the postponement. We want to do everything we can to make things right. See Options below.

The uncertainty and fluid nature of the COVID-19 National Emergency has had a major impact on the endurance community. In the past 24-48 hours I have watched small and large events both cancel or postpone. The implications could result in many events not returning to the endurance world. We held out until the last possible moment but wanted to act in time for participants to change their travel plans.

The decision is based on two major components.
  1. Uncertainty of the fluid current Environment making it unclear if we would be able to conduct a safe and fun event
  2. Being socially responsible preventing the spread of COVID-19 by following directives provided to us
After receiving the directives coming down from the KY Governor's office to even limit small gatherings it was clear that there is too much uncertainty in the environment for us to stay on course. Case in point, we learned this afternoon that the County had placed employees on skeleton crews which will limit park staff going into this week.

While outdoor events are not as high risk as indoor events plus the demographic of our participants are normally able healthy individuals, we are concerned with those that may be impacted if someone is unknowingly infected traveling to our events. There are many points of social contact beyond just the event environment itself in the course of coming to, participating in and returning from an event. While postponement affects us all on an individual scale, failing to do so may have consequences on many more. There is just so much we currently do not know or understand of this situation and we are trying to be socially responsible during this time. 

A friend, doctor and avid runner posted to my FB timeline this evening: "If we do this right, it will feel like it’s all hype. If we don’t do this, we will have a guaranteed failure of our hospital systems to meet the needs of the sick." That is currently what the postponement is about. We are all in this together.


Options

Please understand a lot of expenses for insurance, permits, awards, tokens and swag have been committed leading up two weeks to the event and full refunds are not always an option. While the circumstances of postponement are out of our hands we want to make this right the best we can. When we set our new date, which should be within the next two weeks depending on the environment, we will contact you with how to accept the below offer options:
  1. Continue on to the new postponed race date.
  2. Deferral until next year.
  3. Race credit to transfer to another 2020 VINDURA event or discount codes to a future race in the amount of your registration fee. We will make this good for the next three years.
With options 1 you do nothing other than show up to race day and receive your t-shirt and other swag if you purchased them. With options 2 and 3, we will be issuing you a refund for your t-shirt purchase as we had been in contact with our vendor regarding the possibility of postponement and had not committed the order. In the event that we must cancel the event totally, we will refund you your t-shirt cost. If these don't work for you please contact us. We want to do everything we can to make it right.

Please allow us a couple weeks to see where things are going as there is so much uncertainty. No action is required by you at this time and we will follow up as soon as we know something.

Update: March 13th, 2020 @ 23:50



Due to COVID-19 directives being issued and requested by all levels of government our Spring races (Edurus, Ransack Spring and our May adventure weekend) are being postponed as a result. We wish to be good social stewards during this time.

We will be sending a larger update to all registered racers tomorrow (Saturday March 14, 2020) with options. 

Our summer races are still scheduled to including Noctua Stage Race

The situation is very fluid at the moment, so we don’t have all the answers. Please bear with us and other race directors.

Currently Plan:

  • We are looking at alternative dates in July/September/October for Edurus. We hate that for the second year in a row that we have had to postpone (last year due to flooding) but this is the card we have been dealt. We realize that this may be the end of that race for us unless racers understand and support our decision.
  • Ransack will be rolled into our night time edition on June 19th
  • If all goes well we will be rolling our adventure weekend plans in with Noctua Stage Race. We are hesitant to launch the race in May due to the state of the endurance market and the large cost associated.